The Thermal Companies
2018 AGC of Kentucky President
|Dan Adams got his start in the construction industry at 16, building log homes. After High School, Dan worked as a union pipefitter in Cincinnati, and then worked his way though UC engineering school with the TJ Dyer Company. He received his Bachelor’s degree in 1994. He is a Licensed Kentucky Mechanical Engineer.
After college, Dan worked as a technical sales engineer for York International for five years before purchasing half of Thermal Equipment in 1999. He and his partner have since grown the Thermal Companies into more than a dozen related firms based in Indiana and Kentucky pursuing mechanical equipment and trades work across the United States
Dan has studied Business Valuation Models at Columbia University in New York City, participated in Vistage Executive Education for four years, and is currently in the Board of Trustees at Lexington Catholic High School. Dan has been a Board Member of AGC of Kentucky, since 2010, and was a member of and chaired the AGCKY Legislative Committee.
2018 President's Priorities
- Continue work on the all-important goal of workforce development by connecting with local school counselors as well as discuss goal alignment with KDE.
- Promote DOL changes making it easier to employ 16 + year old persons to experience construction as summer work.
- Drive the renovation of our Frankfort office to completion, then promote the AGC by inviting members, legislators, and other groups to use the facility, fostering beneficial relationships.
- Support the culture of safety in our membership, by growing attendance at the Safety Day conference as well as participation in the PROTECT safety program.
- During the 2018 legislative session, Communicate the economic importance of our industry to legislators and promote a robust amount of public construction spending.