PROTECT SAFETY PROGRAM
(Program Recognition Through Extensive Construction Training)
The AGC of Kentucky PROTECT SAFETY PROGRAM was developed by the AGC Safety Committee and the Safety & Education Director in September of 2014. The program is open to members who can demonstrate safety excellence through specific criteria. Extensive training and technical assistance will be offered for free or at a greatly reduced costs to those members who meet the required criteria.
There are basically four steps in the process; step one is to fill out the application based on your existing programs, step two involves a review of the company’s written programs referred to as the program audit performed by the Safety & Education Director, step three involves one or more on-site evaluations that will include hazard identification and an analysis of your overall safety program by the PROTECT audit team and the Safety & Education Director, and step four involves the mentoring process for those companies who have reached Level III.
THE GOALS AND INCENTIVES OF THE PROGRAM ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Increase the number of AGC of Kentucky employers with effective safety and health management programs.
- Provide extensive safety and health training to our General and Specialty Contractors.
- Assist participating employers in establishing self-sufficient safety and health management systems.
- Improve lost workday and incident rates and positively impact experience modification rates.
- Serve as a resource for member employers and employees in all related safety matters.
- Develop and offer marketing materials that communicate dedication to providing a safe worksite and workforce.